A direct replacement high performance aluminium “Double Core” intercooler from AlliSport Ltd.
This intercooler has been designed to replace the original smaller intercooler on the Land Rover Defender, Discovery or Range Rover 300 Tdi engine and has 80% more surface area than the original.
AlliSport Ltd. has designed this intercooler primarily for customers who have fitted close mounted extreme type winch bumpers where it is not possible to fit our larger front mounted intercooler.
This model is a good compromise between our standard uprated model and the larger full size front mount.
Also suitable for cars with AC.
Combined with the correct tuning power can be increased from 111bhp standard to 141bhp with a similar increase in torque. Figures are taken from our customers own rolling road tests.
The greater cooling capacity will allow up to 27% increase in power and torque in the lower and mid-range revs and improved throttle response.
Customers regularly report 10-15% gain in economy.
Please note, you may need to adjust the original intercooler/radiator surround frame to install this intercooler.
Because the intercooler is far more efficient than the standard item, the fuel pump will need setting to compensate for the change in mixture.
The settings are straightforward and are covered in the comprehensive fitting instructions supplied with the kit.
As most Tdi vehicles are not electronically controlled, there is no ECU to remap, so we optimise the fuel and boost settings to match the intercooler mechanically.
Post 1996 300 tdi Discovery Auto has electronic engine management, so please contact us for advice.
- Fits original position with minor modifications to frame
- 115mm Thick special high performance vacuum brazed core
- Internal turbulators increase cooling capacity
- Ideal for vehicles fitted with close mounted inset winch or Air Conditioning
- 80% greater surface area than standard External dimensions as per original intercooler apart from extra thickness
- Fully TIG welded in-house making full use of the space available whilst keeping external dimensions the same
- AlliSport Ltd. uses high quality vacuum brazed cores and all of their products are manufactured to British Standard.
* Please note that all AlliSport items are hand built, thus most products will have have a lead time of 8 to 16 weeks. If you need items sooner, please contact us to identify what items we have on-hand, or inbound from the supplier.